Re: Origins of ⌚ U+231A WATCH and ⌛ U+231B HOURGLASS

M. Pauluk marcelpauluk at ufpr.br
Wed Dec 30 20:45:29 CST 2020

Thanks Ken! I had already checked XCCS and IBM code pages too, ⌚ U+231A
WATCH and ⌛ U+231B HOURGLASS really couldn't have originated there. Is
there any documentation of this selection process? I would also very much
like to know why some symbols like U+262E PEACE SYMBOL or U+2668 HOT
SPRINGS were added right from the beginning, before there were even any
kind of pressure to encode pictographs! Those initial blocks of symbols
remain the most obscure for me...