Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 7 20:21:41 CST 2024

On 1/7/2024 5:33 PM, Erik Carvalhal Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 7, 2024 at 4:59 PM Asmus Freytag via Unicode
> <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm thinking a coded message affecting the future of humanity, where
> the secret is buried in the appearance, not the content of the text.
> And our amateur sleuths from the future need to revive an ancient
> machine found in an abandoned spaceship where they have to piece
> together what they can from preserved fragments of this mail
> discussion. While fighting off the CSS overlords.
>
> Ah, yes…our sleuths must penetrate a monastic order dedicated to
> extreme methods of denying the worldly pleasures that would distract
> them from their stewardship of an arcane semantic system from our
> Sunʼs nearest stellar neighbor, in a gambit which could usher in a new
> Golden Age for humanity or else devastate the Earth — hence the title
> /Eunuch Code: The Alpha Bet/.

Looks like we are getting there. Great working title.

I like how it suggests an all-or-nothing wager as a sub-theme.

I think we need to look at strong secondary characters next. I can
picture a survivor; a gnarly early generation AI that tenaciously clings
to the interstices of the derelict's hardware to become an unsuspected
ally, though prone to hallucinations. Perhaps doubles as comic relief.

A./