Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 8 06:19:41 CST 2024

Previously I wrote:

> MORE NEEDED about Anne showing Patricia how to code the text in green
> and yellow.

I managed to download the PDF document to local storage and I have found
on page 55 of the PDF document a table with codes in Kent's proposed
enhanced system for setting the colours to alphanumerics green and
alphanumerics yellow so that writing of the story can make progress.

It appears that for alphanumerics green SP? CSI 92m is needed and that
for alphanumerics yellow that SP? CSI 93m is needed. I expect that the
code alphanumerics green will be needed at the start of the line and
after the name Gutenberg and that alphanumerics yellow will be needed
before the name Gutenberg. A teletext alphanumerics colour code
automatically generates a space in the display, so I am wondering if,
for the possibility of making round-trip conversion back to teletext
format that the space should be after the code rather than before it as
is listed in Kent's document so that in a round trip the space following
the colour code can be omitted when it is reached rather than needing to

I do not currently know what CSI means in this context. There are 808
mentions of CSI is the PDF document and the first one is on page 6 but
at present I do not understand it.

I am thinking that if this story can be completed and includes a
reference to Kent's document and Anne and Patricia have a discussion
about why Anne thinks it better to have the space after the colour code
rather than before then the story might well be a good learning
resource.

William