What's the process for proposing a symbol in the Unicode table?

Freek Dijkstra freek at macfreek.nl
Fri Feb 23 10:33:28 CST 2024

Hi all,

A small status update: I got in touch with the webmaster of
https://unicode-krul.nl/en, which was an effort in 2018 (not 2022 as I
thought). She is not trying to reach two colleagues from back than, who
initiated the effort. I'm curious for their reason to abandon it (either
due to interest or because it did not qualify).

Writing the draft is certainly doable (especially thanks to advices from
Asmus Freytag and others), but I rather build some support first by
consulting Dutch language groups, perhaps get in touch with a linguistic
expert, before submitting.

Thanks in particular to Doug Ewell and Norbert Lindenberg for pointing
me to the Script Ad-hoc committee. After the draft is ready, and I have
consulted some local experts, I will be back focussing on the process,
and this committee seems the best place to get started.

I'll post a short message at that time, for those curious folks on this
list (yes, that's you, if you kept reading till here ;) ).

Regards,
Freek