Missing "(Heavy)EQUAL SIGN-Emoji"

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 20 13:46:22 CDT 2023

That's the point.

The data is accessible, but the tool is unable to use that information.
(Or "willingly" sets it aside because of the wording of the request).

Imagine, instead of a comment on a  "water cooler conversation" list
like this, a hypothetical case of someone actually submitting a full
proposal for a script or an extension of one for which real world data
is hard to come by. With some generative algorithms able to create
images, you can make a proposal for a completely fictitious script, with
completely fictitious samples of supposed text passages with nobody
being the wiser.

Of course, this could be done manually as well, but the amount of effort
required has been sufficient deterrence. That equation has now shifted,
and we need to figure out whether our processes are up to this.

Or imagine someone uses ChatGBT to compose a proposal that, while it
conforms to reality as far as the characters are concerned, is full of
statements on how the script is supposedly written, its supposed
origins, and supposed application, that are not likewise based in actual
expertise.

With an automated tool, it takes no effort to create a very plausible
sounding document that is optimized towards approval, while not
restrained in any way by actual facts (or at least not facts that are
easily verifiable). We see this occasionally in manually created
documents that some submitters exaggerate the spread of a script or the
degree its in actual use, but this process makes that so much easier.

A./