Missing "(Heavy)EQUAL SIGN-Emoji"

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Mar 20 13:47:45 CDT 2023

Gabriel Tellez wrote:

> You think ChatGPT is smart enough to know it already exits?

Proposing to add something that already exists, of which there can only be one, is never an intelligent thing to do. Looking in the Unicode Character Database would be a good start. If it doesn’t know what or where that is, it might ask follow-up questions. Looking for HEAVY EQUAL SIGN and finding only HEAVY EQUALS SIGN might also trigger some sort of near-match cross-check.

But wait, there’s more: it also didn’t write a proposal. Instead, it posted to a mailing list asking for something to be done. There is an actual proposal process that goes well beyond simply posting to a mailing list.

I suppose creating an email and phrasing the request the way it did shows some measure of artificial intelligence. I still stand by the second part.

--
Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Lakewood, CO, US | http://ewellic.org