Difference between Klingon and Tengwar

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Sun Sep 19 18:45:30 CDT 2021

On 9/18/21 8:25 PM, Peter Constable via Unicode wrote:

> Indeed.
>
> Consider some professional but small type foundry. Are they going to
> want to create fonts and sell licenses when there’s a question as to
> whether Paramount might go after them?
>
> Consider a large software / device vendor: will their legal
> departments sign off on supporting the script?

Oh yeah, and this also brings up something else that's important: this
is a new angle I did not know about before.  If Paramount *had* been
listening to me or answering me, I probably would not have mentioned
this in whatever "negotiations" we had or whatever declaration I got
them to sign.  I've had a vague idea all along of what Unicode wanted,
and I thought a vague idea was enough, but now I'm not so sure.  If I
climb the ladder again and actually get Paramount to sign something, I
don't want to come back here and be told, "nope, we need them to say
something else."

I'll check the official responses in the minutes and all to see if
anything really specific was mentioned, but I don't think it was ever
really spelled out.  Can you tell me what you need them to say?  I
thought I knew, but it's best to have it out in the open.

~mark