Encoding ConScripts

Anshuman Pandey pandey at umich.edu
Sat Oct 9 00:03:01 CDT 2021

Oh, how timely!

At IUC 45 next Thursday, Deborah Anderson and I will be presenting on “Negotiating Neographies: Approaches for Encoding Newly-Invented Scripts”.

I’ll be discussing some metrics that may be used for evaluating neographies (nod to Ken W for that term), conscripts, or whatever you’d like to call them.

Such metrics, as James pointed out, are necessary, especially considering the influx of proposals to encode newly-invented scripts, particularly those of Africa and South Asia.

Sorry Mark, we won’t be covering Klingon…

❤️🍆 or whatever it was that y’all decided was the emoji for ‘thank you’.

All my best,
Anshu