RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Is Devanagari ल्लाँ ambiguous?

Andrew Glass Andrew.Glass at microsoft.com
Thu May 7 17:38:22 CDT 2020

Good question. We support Devanagari with our Indic engine, a peculiarity of this engine is that it doesn’t have a per-run feature application stage and all features are applied at the cluster stage. Addressing this is an outstanding issue. Therefore, the example cluster is a permitted single cluster in our Indic engine. It would certainly be possible to have a ligature more like Whitney's example, but that wasn't included in the plan for the Nirmala font.

Cheers,

Andrew