0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jan 24 21:30:52 CST 2018

I agree, and still you won't necessarily have to press a dead key to have
these characters, if you map one key where the Cyrillic letter was
producing directly the character with its accent.

No surprise for user, fast to type, easy to learn, typographically correct,
preserves the etymologies and allows preservation of culture with a basic
1:1 transliterator between the two scripts.

However, if you can type one key to produce one latin letter with its
accent, I don't see why it could not use the caron instead of the acute
above s and c, so that it is also immediately readable in other Eastern
European languages. In addition they'll get better font support for x and c
with caron than for s and c with acute and easy mappings from more
softwares that handle only 8 bit charsets. The ISO 8859-2 subset (or
Windows 1250) is the way to go if they don't want the complexity of the
dotless i from other Turkic  Latin alphabets.