0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Phake Nick via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 23 13:22:37 CST 2018

>I found the Windows 'US International' keyboard layout highly intuitive
>for accented Latin-1 characters.
How common is the US International keyboard in real life..?

Users would still need to manually add them in Windows, or in other
computing tools vendors would need to add support for "US International"
before they can be used

> Regular American users simply don't type umlauts, period.  Eccentric

Which is exactly why they aren't using unlauts.

> American users needing umlauts, such as foreign language students or
> heavy metal enthusiasts, generally find an easy way.  Practically
> everybody knows how to search the web.

How about, for example, a random tourist looking for info of random
Kazakhstan city? Will they know how to type umlaut in a city's name? Most
likely they'll simply type it without any umlaut and lost the distinction