0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

David Starner via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jan 24 20:49:24 CST 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM Shriramana Sharma via Unicode <
unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> On 23-Jan-2018 10:03, "James Kass via Unicode" <unicode at unicode.org>
> wrote:
>
> (bottle, east, skier, crucial, cherry)
> s'i's'a, s'yg'ys, s'an'g'ys'y, s'es'u's'i, s'i'i'e
> sxixsxa, sxygxys, sxanxgxysxy, sxesxuxsxi, sxixixe
> s̈ïs̈a, s̈yg̈ys, s̈an̈g̈ys̈y, s̈es̈üs̈i, s̈ïïe
> śíśa, śyǵys, śańǵyśy, śeśúśi, śííe

[...]

> I retract my earlier statement about digraphs probably being the best
> option. It was made without looking at the actual requirement. For such
> heavy usage, it would simply make things horrible.

I'd say that the words chosen for this discussion have been specifically
chosen for their heavy usage. Wikipedia has a translation of "All human
beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with
reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of
brotherhood.", in what I believe in the new apostrophe-laden orthography:

Barlyq adamdar tu'masynan azat ja'ne qadyr-qasi'eti men quqtary ten' bolyp
du'ni'ege keledi. Adamdarg'a aqyl-parasat, ar-ojdan berilgen, sondyqtan
olar bir-birimen tu'ystyq, bau'yrmaldyq qarym-qatynas jasau'lary ti'is.

It's not that bad, though apostrophes still aren't a orthographic win. I'm
voting for the Uniform Turkic Alphabet, for the grand total of zero my vote
is worth.