Localizable sentences (from Re: Plain text (from Re: Avoidance variants))

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 28 08:51:12 CDT 2015

Doug Ewell wrote as follows.

> It's the same as one of the concerns I have with encoding localizable sentences as characters.
There aren't 20 or 50 or 100 sentences that people might want localized, but crores of them.

Well, that seems like an example of a status point moving along a path upon the surface of a cusp catastrophe manifold in a mathematical model of decision making produced as an application of catastrophe theory.

One instant there is a desire by people for zero of them to be encoded, then the next instant there is the desire by people for crores of them to be encoded.

Please read the following post, where the quoted sentence is one originally from Doug.

http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2011-m01/0103.html

Yes, implementing localizable sentences technology may well be modelled by catastrophe theory. Whatever was said then and whatever is said now, there may be a sudden change in what people want and localizable sentences technology would become implemented quite quickly.

I cannot implement it on my own, and maybe if implementation takes place I would play little or indeed no part in implementing it, yet maybe one day it will become implemented.

I am hoping that it will be implemented in time for the 2020 Olympiad, including the Cultural Olympiad.

William Overington