New Unicode Emoji draft, available for review

Karl Williamson public at khwilliamson.com
Sat Nov 8 00:10:26 CST 2014

On 11/05/2014 02:48 PM, Rick McGowan wrote:
> FYI, Posting this on behalf of Mark Davis... Something in his original
> reply message is apparently toxic to our mail gateway that it can't get
> through. (Investigating.)
>
> May be the literal U+1F4A9, which I have (I'm sorry) redacted below.
>
>      Rick

The first icon was not U+1F4A9, but U+1F60F SMIRKING FACE.

Remarkably, Rick's message seems to me to indicate that some emoji
encoded in Unicode are considered by some servers to be obscene!  I
never considered the possibility of an obscene code point before.

FWIW, my respondent, hopefully satirically, mentioned this as a basis
for encoding further modifier characters, suitable for 1F4A9:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale