Pali in Thai Script

Richard BUDELBERGER budelberger.richard at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 27 17:21:17 CDT 2014

> Message du 27/03/14 19:43
> De : Richard Wordingham
> Copie à : unicode at unicode.org
> Objet : Re: Pali in Thai Script
>
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:14:33 +0700
> Sittipon Simasanti wrote:
>
> > Normal KO KAI and KO KAI with black dot to make KO KAI non-aspirated.
> > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/824603/unicode/glyph.png
> >
> > Thai consonants with Black dot for non-aspirated and White dot for
> > aspirated.
> > https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/824603/unicode/glyph2.png
>
> Those descriptions confused me - the black dot means 'voiced and not
> aspirated', and the white dot means 'voiced and aspirated'.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/824603/unicode/glyph2.png : I think that « ไม่พ่นลม » means “unaspirated” and « พ่นลม » “aspirated”… (But yes, Sittipon Simasanti’s message is not very clear. See http://twitpic.com/dzk1o3 : do you understand it ? I, no.)

(The True) Richard.

Note : Tipitaka Studies Foundation Internal Font uses U+0325 ◌̥ combining ring below – the “voiceless” diacritic : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_(phonetics) – for (un)aspiration ?