Removal of distinguishingItems in CLDR 33

Tom Hughes via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Wed Mar 28 13:28:24 CDT 2018

Apparently the distinguishingItems information in the supplemental
metadata has been moved in CLDR 33 but I'm struggling to understand
what I am supposed to use instead.

I've found http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/10194 and also the
description in TR35 at:

https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-51/tr35.html#Valid_Attribute_Values

Apparently it has been replaced by "annotations in the DTD and the
DTDData classes in CLDR tooling" which apparently means I need to
read the DTD and parse it and somehow extract special comments and
associate them with the preceding attribute.

Somehow that doesn't seem very practical, especially compared to
the simple system that existed before and which could be handled
with a standard XML parser!

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)