Hard-to-use "annotations" files in LDML

Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users cldr-users at unicode.org
Sun Dec 2 18:56:39 CST 2018

On 02/12/2018 13:34, Christoph Päper via CLDR-Users wrote:
> Marcel Schneider via CLDR-Users:
>>
>> Please help people like me with solutions that work out of the box.
>
> This. The web survey tool is slow and unstable, so editing the files
> directly -- after one has figured out this is possible at all -- is
> preferable for some tasks at least. XML is not the best format to do
> that, but I can cope with it.
The new problem now is that this survey is a limited one, so many fixes
are impossible.

Survey Tool itself is reported to be much more stable.

That said, I’ve added the emoji code points in trailing comments
following Steven R. Loomis’ advice, using VS Code and LibreOffice Calc.

Using LDML files we can do our homework in expectation of survey 36,
while righ now French has to catch up vetting. (German is among the
most advanced locales, regarding the number of already submitted votes.)
http://st.unicode.org/cldr-apps/v#statistics///

Best regards,
Marcel