Additional French Time Patterns ?

Markus Scherer markus.icu at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:22:56 CDT 2015

As Steven said, you may want to submit a CLDR ticket for changing the
French time format patterns.

I wonder a little: If the form "12 h 54" is truly more common, why would
the contributing organizations and survey tool contributors not have
adopted that already? But I have personally no idea what is common in
French, so will leave it to others.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Patrick Andries <
patrick.andries at xcential.com> wrote:

> As far as the am/pm notation is concerned, as long as the strings "am" and
> "pm" are not displayed in French, I'm fine. I'm afraid of them creeping up
> by default.

Same as in German, and I am sure in many other languages. Where the 24-hour
format is written exclusively, the am/pm strings are somewhat "made up".
CLDR needs them in case someone forces 12-hour format.

markus