Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 8 06:55:52 CST 2024

Previously I wrote:

> I do not currently know what CSI means in this context. There are 808
> mentions of CSI is the PDF document and the first one is on page 6 but
> at present I do not understand it.

I think that I do now.

I looked up U+005B in

https://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf

and U+009B in

https://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf

So it seems that Patricia can either use a [ character within the
sequence or she can use the perhaps more mathematically elegant yet
harder to insert U+009B control character.

So, if I have understood it correctly, for practicality with the
keyboard that she is using Patricia can use *[92m for alphanumerics
green and *[93m for alphanumerics yellow, where * here represents the
Escape character, not an asterisk. Patricia will need to also key a
space character, whether before or after the Escape sequence is what she
can discuss with Anne.

So if I have got that correct, it looks like the technical information
to complete this particular story is now detailed in this thread.

William