Ecma-48 proposed styling controls update updated & math expression representation proposal update

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 7 05:35:43 CST 2024

Hi

Alexander Lange wrote:

> ...  the disadvantage that the plain text would be harder to edit (and
> unreadable if they are actually non-printing, ...

Editing could be achieved by using an editing font where the characters
would have a displaying glyph. I have used such a technique by making a
font where some of the tag characters (those for tag digits) had a
visible glyph.

FontCreator 8 used in futuristic experiment - Font Forum
(high-logic.com) <https://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?t=7941>

William