What's the process for proposing a symbol in the Unicode table?

Freek Dijkstra freek at macfreek.nl
Thu Feb 22 17:11:29 CST 2024

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your references. However, I'm a bit confused with your
argument. Are you talking about the krul symbol or about icons in
general in the discussion with William?

I can't find the word "icon" in the referred chapter 1 of Unicode 15.0,
so I assume you refer to this text in the document:

> Note, however, that the Unicode Standard does not encode
> idiosyncratic, personal, novel, or private-use characters, nor does it
> encode logos or graphics.

In case you refer to the "krul" character I want to propose: that is
neither an icon nor a personal or private-use character, nor a logo, nor
a graphics. At least not in the sence that it is not a graphical
representation of a physical object (like all examples I see on the home
page of https://fontawesome.com/icons).

If your argument is referring to the general use case, my apologies. I
do not have any opinion about that.

With kind regards,
Freek Dijkstra