Unicode philosophy - technical symbols

Piotr Karocki pkar at ieee.org
Thu Oct 26 13:33:31 CDT 2023

 Ad first.
ISO 7000 is not freely available, but Unicode also is ISO/IEC standard
10646, for 208 CHF (it is not exact equivalent, but neverless...).
https://www.iso.org/standard/76835.html

 Ad second.
Many of these symbols appear in text - e.g. clothing labels,
instructions/user guides for technical equipment, cargo manifests, etc.
Probably not all symbols, of course, but it seems that including all symbols
is much easier than making selection of symbols to be included :)