Odp: Why is (vv) -> (w) not amongst the Confusables?

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Nov 29 22:01:56 CST 2023

On 2023-11-29 17:30, Rebecca Bettencourt via Unicode wrote:

> Back in the day I witnessed so many schoolmates being phished by r n y
> space login . com. So much that I'm almost convinced it's what led to r n →
> m being added to the confusables list in the first place.

If not that, then the randornhouse.com incident (for details, see
https://boingboing.net/2022/01/07/the-strange-case-of-the-tom-ripley-of-book-publishing.html).

And while 'good' fonts help, not all reader's eyes are always as sharp
as we would like them to be (this alludes both to physical (i.e.
optical) vision and psychological aspects (seeing what you expect to

Regards,   Martin.