Hebrew presentation forms U+FB43 and U+FB49

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Sat Mar 4 18:46:42 CST 2023

Final pe with dagesh is an oddity, as final -p being written as bent-pe
is a modern convention, but -p DOES occur once in the Hebrew Bible, in
Proverbs 30:6:

אַל־תּ֥וֹסְףְּ עַל־דְּבָרָ֑יו    פֶּן־יוֹכִ֖יחַ בְּךָ֣ וְנִכְזָֽבְתָּ׃

The shin-with-dagesh-but-no-dot feels like someone was just trying to
cover all the permutations.

~mark