Old Hungarian Alphabet Unicode

Zsigri Gyula zsigri at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 07:32:56 CST 2023

You can do it by defining GSUB Lookups.

Create the missing glyphs with custom id's, e.g. create a glyph for
the Old Hungarian "kv" ligature with the id uni10CD3_10CEE.

Then go to GSUB Lookups and define how to type that glyph. Normally
you use the zero width joiner (U+200D) in ligature definitions so it
is a good idea to define a key for U+200D in your keyboard layout. In
some applications you can insert a zero width joiner by typing 200D
and then pressing Alt+x.

In GSUB Lookups, you give the id of the newly created glyph
(uni10CD3_10CEE) and define an input string for it: u10CD3 for Old
Hungarian "k", U+200D for the zero width joiner, and u10CEE for Old
Hungarian "v".

In FontForge, this is how you can access GSUB Lookups: Element > Font
Info > Lookups > GSUB.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZh3CUzEvQHv6SJSpfinW8Z0AgHS317-/view?usp=share_link