Tengwar on a general purpose translation site

Steve Downey sdowney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 00:46:25 CDT 2022

But standards are pretty much the definition of conventional.
We have plenty of solutions, even within the Unicode framework, for high
quality private agreements.

Doing a bad job of standardization just makes life worse for everyone.  And
probably still gets the Consortium sued, and losing, setting a terrible
precedent.