Diverse Internationalisation of Teacher Education

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 21 15:44:37 CDT 2022

Many years ago I devised a scenario to encourage people to learn how to
enter words with accented characters in them even if they did not know
the language. I called it The Café Äpfel and the idea was that text from
ingredients lists from multilingual food packaging could be keyed. The
Café Äpfel would have menus in English, French, German and the language
of the musicians and singers who were performing in the café that
evening. I had this idea of a television show series with each episode
combining cookery, computing and music with actors playing the
continuing characters and guest musicians and singers arriving as guest
stars.

Well, a Portuguese band and singer would be fairly straightforward.

Once the musicians come from further afield the computing got rather
more complicated!

William Overington

Tuesday 21 June 2022