Tai Tham Text Encoding

Markus Scherer markus.icu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 18:42:44 CDT 2022

On Sat, Jul 23, 2022 at 9:16 AM Richard Wordingham via Unicode <
unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:

> In summary, my main two questions are:
>
> Is 'encoding of text' the correct phrase for the definition of the
> correct arrangement?

It sounds reasonable, but will be easily confused with what are otherwise
called "charsets" and "code pages" etc.
It seems like we have a term for what you are after, but I can't put my
finger on it right now :-)

Is it appropriate to submit a proposal for the
> standardisation of Tai Tham text encoding?

I think so. Proposals are best if they are specific, that is, which text is
to be added or changed where, and to what. Changes to the core spec (the
"book")? A new Unicode Technical Note?

Best regards,
markus