Different Bidirectional Character Types

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 11 20:39:47 CDT 2022

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 11:39:27 +0100
r12a via Unicode <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:

> Does this help clarify the original question?
>
> Modern Standard Arabic: Expressions & sequences
> https://r12a.github.io/scripts/arabic/arb.html#expressions

It gives an inkling.  However, I don't understand, "The
underlying order of characters, and the typing order remain the same."
The text of Figures 4 and 5 has to differ by more than the language
tagging.  Is this a corruption of an example which had (Near Eastern)
Arabic numerals for Figure 4 and Eastern Arabic numerals for Figure 5?

Supporting quotations would help, as this example looks weird.  Are
Persian number ranges calqued from European languages?