Wrong sequence for Arabic ligature marks(FC5E-FC62, FCF2-FCF4)I

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 19 14:09:36 CST 2022

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 19:18:02 +0100
Andreas Prilop via Unicode <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:

> On 19 February 2022 18:38:11 CET, I wrote:
>
> > Write ZWNJ between shadda and kasra.
> >
> >  <h1>&#x644;&#x651;‌&#x650;</h1>

To achieve which rendering?  For HarfBuzz with the Amiri font, feature
ss05 still selects its form.  On the other hand, for HarfBuzz with
Firefox's default font, it selects kasra below lam, whereas without ZWNJ
one gets kasra below shadda.  Now, for HarfBuzz with the Amiri font,
<U+0644, U+0650 KASRA, U+200C ZWNJ, U+0651 SHADDA> consistently gets
kasra below lam, which is the font's default.

I suspect each font goes its own way.

> It is strange that “‌” disappeared on
>
> https://corp.unicode.org/pipermail/unicode/2022-February/009965.html

It's still there, but converted from character entity to entity.