Setting Numeric_Value for well-known constants

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Fri Apr 1 16:43:04 CDT 2022

On 4/1/22 13:21, Markus Scherer via Unicode wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 9:54 AM Mark E. Shoulson via Unicode
> <unicode at corp.unicode.org> wrote:
>
>     So, wouldn't it be a good idea to set Numeric_Value fields for all
>     these
>     well-known numbers?
>
>     (Answer:  No.  No, it would not be a good idea.  See the date.)
>

> Thank you! You had me revved up there for a moment :-)
> markus

Heh!  Glad it was appreciated!  Of course, not sure people telling me
"you had me going there" says about me, that people could think I was
serious about that.  Either that or it isn't quite *that* ridiculous of
an idea.  (Actually, the latter is probably true.  There's a lot of
space in ridiculousness; an idea can easily be "not *that* ridiculous"
and still be very bad.)

~mark