Klingon and literature

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Thu Sep 23 15:48:40 CDT 2021

On 9/23/21 3:16 PM, William_J_G Overington via Unicode wrote:

> Given that the Klingon language is perhaps oriented to Star Trek
> stories, I wondered whether the Klingon language would be able to
> express things such as colours.

Klingons are anthropomorphic and the Star Trek universe seems to be
populated with species who apparently perceive the world much the same
way humans do, so why wouldn't they have color?

Klingon color words are an interesting linguistic in-joke which Marc
Okrand played, in that they do not obey the generally-accepted
"universals" for human languages in terms of color division and development.

However, this topic is no longer on-topic for the Unicode list, so I
won't go further.  This discussion should not be held here.

~mark