Difference between Klingon and Tengwar

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Sun Sep 19 18:40:56 CDT 2021

On 9/18/21 8:25 PM, Peter Constable via Unicode wrote:

> Indeed.
>
> Consider some professional but small type foundry. Are they going to
> want to create fonts and sell licenses when there’s a question as to
> whether Paramount might go after them?
>
> Consider a large software / device vendor: will their legal
> departments sign off on supporting the script?

These would seem to be their decisions, not yours.  Type foundries rip
off one another's designs all the time in all sorts of scripts, but that
doesn't affect encodability.  Moreover, I point out again that it's
*already being done* by people who are apparently willing to take the
risk even before Unicode encodes things.  They'll probably carry on
doing so afterward as well.  If nobody else does, well, that's for the
invisible hand of capitalism to influence.

~mark