Difference between Klingon and Tengwar

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Thu Sep 16 21:54:04 CDT 2021

These ideas have been suggested before, more or less.  Certainly using a
different name.  There already exist fonts with radically different
styles (see the link in my previous letter to book covers of books by
DeSDu'.  For that matter, DeSDu' himself prefers to write Klingon in
pIqaD even by hand, and has developed his hand-written style for it.)

But I don't think that appeals to logic and law will sway "Unicode's
legal," to the extent there is one, and I can't honestly blame them for
that.  Reasonable or not, I can understand the fear of awakening the
dragon.  But can we get some recognition that but for that issue, at
least *maybe*?

~mark