Difference between Klingon and Tengwar

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Thu Sep 16 20:22:40 CDT 2021

On 9/16/21 1:13 PM, Peter Constable via Unicode wrote:
> The "dignity" issue might come up on this list, but for UTC, the IP issue is the biggest blocking issue, and there hasn't been any new information submitted to Unicode indicating any progress toward resolving that.

If that's the real blocking issue for UTC, how come it isn't mentioned
in https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2001/01212-RejectKlingon.html, the
proposal to reject Klingon?  If the reasons in the proposal are not
valid, why is the proposal not rescinded (upon proper request)?

(I note, btw, that the "dignity" issue *IS* in fact what is chiefly
mentioned in that proposal.  So it isn't just some imagined informal
thing that didn't really figure in the decision.)

~mark