Unicode 14.0.0 (was: Re: Difference between Klingon and Tengwar)

Martin J. Dürst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Sep 15 02:28:19 CDT 2021

Hello Doug, others,

On 2021-09-15 14:04, Doug Ewell via Unicode wrote:
> First, congratulations on the release of Unicode 14.0, the first new release since the pandemic in the Western Hemisphere began, if we can even imagine that.

The official announcement is at
https://home.unicode.org/announcing-the-unicode-standard-version-14-0/.
But one of the links points to
http://www.unicode.org/emoji/charts-14.0/emoji-counts.html,
which as of this wringing has a big red beta in its title
(Emoji Counts, v14.0β
For the current released version, see v13.1.).

Also, the official announcement doesn't point to the version of the
standard itself (http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode14.0.0/).

I also miss announcements sent out by mail.

Maybe we can blame this on California's recall election :-?

Regards,   Martin.