Unicode Teaching in Universities

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 3 02:11:02 CDT 2021

From: Pravin Jain <pravin at zensoftech.co.in>

I suggest we should have some kind of a model curriculum for Introduction to Unicode as a separate subject.
This can be targeted for Undergraduate courses of IT. This can introduce the principles of Unicode standard,
the UCD and the CLDR.

Good Idea. Thank you for your clear thinking. I am happy to be involved in this curriculum.

We can also have another model curriculum for UG courses on languages and literatures.
These model curriculum can then be listed on the Unicode website.

Actually,  I recently connected the Chinese language, Chinese literature, Unicode and Internet/IT Internationalisation 🙂. Please see

http://schappo.blogspot.com/2021/08/water-margin-domain-names.html
http://schappo.blogspot.com/2021/08/dream-of-red-chamber-domain-names.html

We could also try to see if this kind of model course could be started on MOOC platforms.

Can we work towards this?
TIA
Pravin