Unicode Teaching in Universities

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 05:06:39 CDT 2021

Every few years I ask this question and I guess it must now be 4+ years since I last asked it.

¿Anyone know  of any University, anywhere in the world that teaches Unicode?

After all these many years I still have not found such a University. I do mean serious and comprehensive teaching of Unicode. I often find mentions of Unicode in various online teaching materials and often in non Computing/IT subjects. But mentions are not sufficient to give students an appreciation and understanding of Unicode. Mentions do not convey the enormous benefits of Unicode.

TIA

André Schappo
고.한국/KDN<https://고.한국/KDN>