Powerline symbols?

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Wed Oct 13 20:34:03 CDT 2021

On 10/13/21 13:32, Kent Karlsson via Unicode wrote:
> The practice of taking image snippets of the terminal emulator window is common, but mostly annoying. While it preserves the formatting (in a way), often the resolution is too low (having shrunk the image) making it hard to read, and… one cannot copy-paste text from an image.
>
> /Kent K
I know, right?  Drives me crazy.

It seems to me that at the very least the "branch" symbol has some claim
to be text.  Moreover, we have already encoded lots of characters that
have less.  MINIMIZE, MAXIMIZE, OVERLAP, and CANCELLATION X are all
strictly graphic UI characters, as are quite a few others in that
block.  The "map" symbols also can't really make much of a claim to
being plain text.

~mark