Encoding ConScripts

James Kass jameskass at code2001.com
Wed Oct 13 03:14:02 CDT 2021

On 2021-10-09 11:45 AM, William_J_G Overington via Unicode wrote:
> Well, my idea for trying to produce designs for emoji for personal
> pronouns is as a result of a comment made by a gentleman in the
> discussion after the lecture in the following video videographed at
> the Unicode and Internationalization Conference in 2015.
>
> Unicode Emoji: How do we standardize that je ne sais 💁? at IUC39
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldSVbXbjl4
>
> Starting at 38 minutes 40 seconds into the video.

There's nothing wrong with designing new glyphs covering pronouns in
response to a lament about their lack in emoji made at a conference
several years back.  Although met with skepticism on this list (and
elsewhere), there's always a possibility that emoji users might welcome
pronoun coverage.

The way to find out is to float a proposal.  Here's the guidelines:
https://unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html

This forum would be a good place to discuss anything unclear in the
guidelines as well as to ask questions regarding any feedback generated
further on down the line.  Glyph design and so forth is mostly off-topic
here.  And since we already know that many people find pronouns useful,
there would be no need to discuss their potential usefulness here.

Good luck!