Encoding ConScripts

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Sat Oct 9 21:02:29 CDT 2021

On 10/9/21 18:33, Asmus Freytag via Unicode wrote:
> On 10/9/2021 3:20 PM, James Kass via Unicode wrote:
>>
>> To clarify my original post, I'd failed to consider natural language
>> neographies until Anshuman Pandey's reply.  My comments about PUA
>> usage should only be applied to neographies for which no defined user
>> community exists.  Widespread PUA usage should not be required as a
>> metric for natural language neographies.
>>
> Which means some other metric might need to be applied, like
> institutional support or anticipated/promised official stature.

Or just generally non-computer usage.  Some of these proposals haven't
been encoded even in PUA, but we are told about classes being taught in
them (and people actually attending those classes!) and periodicals
published (and people reading them!) and so on.  PUA usage isn't the
only way to demonstrate usage.  Ink and paper work too.

~mark