An artistic setting of a poem that uses language-independent glyphs

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 15 09:54:29 CDT 2021

Recently I started the following thread in the "Share your work" section
of the Serif Affinity forums.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/143812-informal-design-workshop-idea/

Although not originally intended, I was wondering what design to devise
for the workshop thread, and in the event a design for a greetings card
with an artistic setting of a poem written using language-independent
glyphs was produced. Thus the finished artwork expresses a poem in
glyphs of what is possibly in effect a type of pivot language.

Some readers might enjoy reading the thread, though the poem using
language-independent glyphs is not introduced until the second page of
the thread.

William Overington

Tuesday 15 June 2021