Suggestion for superscripts

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jun 4 13:45:54 CDT 2021

“UnicodeMath,” described in https://www.unicode.org/notes/tn28/ , might be an interesting solution. The plain-text representation is fairly readable, and something that is not ad hoc, but actually discussed and agreed upon by a panel of mathematicians. It could be copied and pasted from the terminal or text editor to a UnicodeMath-enabled processor (if you can find one) for real formatting.

I pointed to an FAQ entry because Unicode normally posts those for questions that are, well, frequently asked (like this one) and for which the answer is unlikely to change over time. We know from experience that over time, some such decisions have been modified, or even completely reversed. Most are not.

--
Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Lakewood, CO, US | ewellic.org