Draft proposal: Old Polish nasal vowel letter

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Jan 4 15:07:24 CST 2021

Daniel Bunčić wrote:

> I only created the font for the purpose of this proposal, and I would
> not encourage anyone to actually use the character in question before
> it is officially approved, but I had assumed that it would be good to
> already place it in the proposed place to demonstrate that it works,
> and I had thought that putting it on my website would be the easiest
> way to make it available to the editors.

I think that because the proposed characters have no unusual properties involving connecting, contextual shaping, directionality, etc., it should be apparent that they will "work" without the need to make a font generally available. If UTC approves them, they may ask you for the font at that time and you can offer it to them.

If you do feel the need to distribute the font generally, I agree with James that the characters should be placed in the PUA and not at your proposed code points, at least not until they have been approved and preferably not until a Unicode version containing them is released.

--
Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org