Grantha encoding question

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:09:46 CDT 2020

On 9/11/20, James Kass via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:
> Thank you.  Your question seems to have answered mine.
>
> If nobody can produce exhibits, then it makes sense that these
> characters weren't included in the Standard.

Please see L2/12-039. These aren't often used but somewhat rarely
texts and may be considered a borrowal. A mechanism to use characters
from the Tamil and Grantha block to be judiciously intermixed is
required.

As demonstrated by L2/20-119 there are occasional intermixing of
letters from other scripts. The normal Unicode approach is to encode
what has been attested. Occasionally some other factors recommend
against encoding. Nevertheless a mechanism to represent in plaintext
is necessary.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा 𑀰𑁆𑀭𑀻𑀭𑀫𑀡𑀰𑀭𑁆𑀫𑀸