Teletext separated mosaic graphics

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 13 12:06:09 CDT 2020

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> That is out of the question for several reasons.
So would you support the idea of having new characters encoded in plane
14 as I suggested in the following post?

https://corp.unicode.org/pipermail/unicode/2020-October/009047.html

>> I opine that these twenty-seven codes could be encoded within a block
>> of
thirty-two code points as characters that display as visual glyphs in
most circumstances, yet are control codes in teletext apps.
>> For example, Alphanumerics Green would have a visible glyph of an A
above a G on a pale.

Does anybody support that idea please?

If enough of us each send an individual request to The Unicode Technical
Committee then maybe progress can be made.

William Overington

Tuesday 13 October 2020