Teletext separated mosaic graphics

James Kass jameskass at
Tue Oct 13 11:00:40 CDT 2020

On 2020-10-13 2:30 PM, William_J_G Overington via Unicode wrote:
> This morning I tried making a test font with a visible glyph for the 
> Escape character and a liga glyph substitution for Escape followed by 
> capital A.
> I made the font using the High-Logic FontCreator program and tested it 
> in the Serif Affinity Publisher program, producing a PDF document.
> I was hoping to be able to paste a copy of the substituted glyph 
> copied from the PDF to WordPad and recover the underlying two 
> character sequence. However I could only seem to get the capital A 
> back. Maybe I did not get the technique quite right and so it might 
> perhaps be possible to get the underlying sequence back from a PDF, 
> but that requires further investigation.

This may have something to do with the post script names in the font, or 
it might depend on which program is being used to create the PDF.

The post script names in the font should be standard format. Besides the 
"A" glyph, both the Escape visible glyph and the output "ligature" glyph 
should have valid post script names.
You might try "uni0041" for "A" and I think "Escape" might work as 
"uni001B".  So the output glyph should have the post script name 

More information about the Unicode mailing list