Teletext separated mosaic graphics
wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 13 09:30:56 CDT 2020
I am now thinking that the best solution for encoding the teletext
control characters using just already existing Unicode characters is to
use the Escape format listed in the PDF document linked from the post by
This appears to be what is used in the export format named viewdata from
the editor that Kent Karlsson mentioned.
If one then uses a specially made OpenType font, one can arrange for
each such two character escape sequence to be displayed as one of the
glyph designs that I mentioned in the following post, by using the
OpenType liga facility..
> For example, Alphanumerics Green would have a visible glyph of an A
> above a G on a pale.
This morning I tried making a test font with a visible glyph for the
Escape character and a liga glyph substitution for Escape followed by
I made the font using the High-Logic FontCreator program and tested it
in the Serif Affinity Publisher program, producing a PDF document.
I was hoping to be able to paste a copy of the substituted glyph copied
from the PDF to WordPad and recover the underlying two character
sequence. However I could only seem to get the capital A back. Maybe I
did not get the technique quite right and so it might perhaps be
possible to get the underlying sequence back from a PDF, but that
requires further investigation.
Tuesday 13 October 2020
More information about the Unicode