Teletext separated mosaic graphics

Rob Hardy ra_hardy at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:24:59 CDT 2020

Thanks for the replies.

When I mentioned the text file scenario, I was just thinking about a copy and paste from my application into some other app, so it's not really the main scenario.  I'm actually using SVG/CSS to draw the page, which includes flashing and a 'press reveal' function for concealed characters that a text file obviously wouldn't recreate.

As mentioned, the font I found (UNSCII) uses private use characters for the separated mosaics, so I'll use those for now.  (Another option would have been to draw a mask over the contiguous mosaics, but then that's not far removed from drawing the mosaics as SVG shapes instead of text).

Rob.