Please fix the trademark policy in regards to code

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 1 13:26:35 CDT 2020

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 07:27:11 -0700
Ken Whistler via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> References to "unicode" in code and related files and libraries would
> generally be considered just a functional "fair use" reference, and
> nothing more.  Accordingly, the Unicode Consortium would not take
> exception to such a use, nor would it require the use of the
> trademark symbol in code, for the reasons you state.

I don't see any evidence of the Unicode Consortium going after
Wikipedia either, despite articles simply entitled "Unicode", or even
after respellings in other scripts.  As for
https://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicodex..., that even uses the genitive
singular for "Signum Unicodicis" - isn't that required to be "Signum
Unicodex" if "Unicodex" is pukka Latin?

Richard.  (lingua in bucca posita)